In addition to the probate project, the Heritage Centre is a fantastic resource for family historians. Kept in the centre, and freely available to everyone, there are:
1.Census records 1841-1901
2. Memorial register, including graveyard plan from 1600 onwards
3. Burial register 1878 onwards
4. Baptism register 1904-1994
5. A selection of local wills
6. Family trees and histories of the Bourne, Barrantyne, Bryon and Peachey families
7. History of Sarsden House and its owners 1086-1994
8. History of Hastings House
9. Selected items concerning the Barter family
Further archive material, comprising mainly village history – newspaper cuttings, details of fêtes and clubs etc – is kept in the Village Hall. A full list can be supplied on request. This material can only be viewed by appointment.
The material cannot be removed from either place but photography is allowed.
No charge is made but a donation to the Heritage Centre would be appreciated.